Using DataSift to pull in and parse social data saved our developers the time and headaches that would have come from doing it ourselves.
Joshua March, CEO, Conversocial

Case Study

Case Study Highlights

  • Conversocial had a product with unique prioritization, workflow and analytics features. But as their research showed that only 3% of brand mentions were actual @mentions, Conversocial wanted to add a robust proactive search feature to pull in additional relevant mentions for their customers.
  • Working with DataSift, Conversocial was able to develop their proactive search feature faster, cheaper and more effectively than they could have otherwise.
  • The competitive advantage of a faster speed with advanced functionality has allowed them to continue to increase the value of their product – driving adoption and revenue.
 

About

Conversocial is the industry leading social customer service platform, helping companies like Barclaycard, Coach, GoDaddy, Hertz, JackThreads, Tesco and others meet the rapidly changing demands of their consumers in order to deliver the best possible customer experience through social media channels — increasing customer satisfaction, protecting against customer attrition, and delivering greater customer insight.

Business Challenge

Brands use Conversocial’s workflow, prioritization and analytics features to deliver effective social customer service. Real-time, relevant social data is a critical component for Conversocial to be able to provide brands with visibility to the conversations their customers are having about them.

Conversocial realized they were only scratching the tip of the iceberg in brand discussions. Their research showed only 3% of brand mentions directly @mention a brand. The other 97% consist of customers indirectly mentioning companies, providing ripe opportunities for brands to join more conversations about them.

DataSift Solution

To bring their customers the full spectrum of social conversations, Conversocial built a proactive search feature. In order to focus on building the prioritization, workflow and analytics features that help brands deliver better customer service, Conversocial needed a data partner they could trust to handle the data management and delivery that would power their proactive search feature.

DataSift provides Conversocial with the full firehose of Twitter data, and a powerful platform to filter the massive amount of chatter and find mentions that are relevant to their clients in real-time.

One of the biggest challenges for many large consumer companies is getting a single view of their customer - it’s been a challenge for decades with customers signing up for multiple loyalty cards, moving, changing email address, having different phone numbers. One of the things I’m most excited about is the potential for social data to wrap all of this together.

Joshua March, CEO, Conversocial

The Results

Using the DataSift platform allowed Conversocial to create more advanced proactive search functionality, for example:

  • Complex Boolean Searches
  • Filters
  • Language & Location
  • Follower Counts

This meant that clients could find the customer service issues among the general chatter in a more sophisticated way.

Working with DataSift, Conversocial was able to get to that advanced stage as a product faster, cheaper and more effectively than they could have otherwise. That speed to market led became a competitive advantage while the advanced functionality has allowed them to continue to increase the value of their product – driving adoption and revenue.

 
ConversocialConversocialConversocial

Do you have Specific Questions?

Get in touch. Our sales representatives are here to help.