Fabric Helps Clients Maximize the Performance
of their Digital Content
About Fabric Worldwide
Fabric is a technology company funded by WPP that’s making big data simpler and easier to act on for marketers. The FabricOS brings data together to give clients a unified view of their consumers. Fabric’s team of technologists, strategists, and creative thinkers are helping some of the world’s biggest companies put data, insights and ideas at the heart of their business.
Add increased granularity to social data sources and help Fabric clients make faster, smarter decisions about their network of channels, content and campaigns.
“By streaming social data into meaning, DataSift is helping Fabric clients to better under- stand their consumers, know what’s working and act faster on the insight.”
Joint CEO, Fabric Worldwide
UK-based leader in creative optimization uses DataSift to help clients drive increased return on campaign investment.
CHALLENGE: MAKE THE MOST OF BIG DATA
- Big Data is the much-hyped key to businesses learning more about their audiences’ needs, preferences and behavior. However, few companies are making big data work for their organization. Recent research shows that 70% of chief marketing officers (CMOs) can’t quantify the impact of their digital campaigns, 84% can’t understand the quantitative effect of their social media campaigns and 70% of marketing projects don’t make use of the available data.
- Splintering touch points and a growing torrent of data are forcing marketers to build up investments in technology to keep up with customers. Fabric is turning these CMO troubles into opportunities—proving that properly harnessed marketing data and insight can inspire more effective creative work. And that cascades into increased campaign return on investment.
- The company’s FabricOS data management platform simplifies digital marketing, enabling clients to view their entire spectrum of channels, content and campaigns together in one place. It delivers a common standard for measuring engagement and success across a marketing network, so clients can quickly learn what’s working and what’s not.
- Fabric is interested in consumer actions and outcomes—not sentiment. To enable this, the FabricOS draws on a multitude of data sources, including click-stream data from a proprietary tag, MediaMind for media analytics and APIs for Twitter and Facebook.
- The company needed a solution that would provide even more data granularity and insight into social data, blogs and company data.
SOLUTION: SCALABLE, FLEXIBLE AND FAST DATASIFT PLATFORM
- DataSift provides Fabric with unprecedented depth and breadth of granularity into social data sources, including bitly, Instagram and Twitter. The platform unifies this data using a normalized and enriched data model.
- Live for six months, DataSift is seamlessly integrated with the FabricOS to unlock the meaning of this social data: ultimately allowing clients to contextualize and map the social data into consumer intentions.
- DataSift is integral to Fabric’s ‘Maturity Curve’. In the elementary phase of this evolution curve, Fabric analytics help clients understand their audience intentions, when, where—and what content works. DataSift resides in the second phase: helping clients track and analyse consumer behaviors, act on opportunities as they happen and use prediction algorithms.
BENEFITS START AT SIMPLICITY, SPEED AND INSIGHT
- DataSift is a powerful asset to the FabricOS, providing a simple solution to consume tightly filtered and highly enriched social data, blogs and other sources. Clients can use the unified profile to improve the targeting, optimization and analysis of their marketing campaigns. Moreover, it means clients understand which content is working best and how they are performing against key performance indicators KPIs.
- Fabric can also reach decisions surrounding social data more quickly. DataSift features, ike rapid access to thousands of data sources, a single unified stream, enrichment and categorization tools enable Fabric to automate many of the analysis processes, run queries extremely quickly and rapidly sample datasets.
- DataSift is also extremely easy to deploy and use. Being cloud-based, there’s no complex, capital-intensive infrastructure to support and the platform went live extremely quickly.
- The DataSift platform scales in line with Fabric’s relentless business growth, managing large volumes of real-time data and large numbers of sophisticated queries.