DataSift Announces Inaugural Social Data Week
SAN FRANCISCO – July 18, 2013 DataSift, the leading big data platform for social businesses, today announced its founding sponsorship of the inaugural Social Data Week event. Social Data Week will bring together industry leaders, influencers, experts and brands to discuss how the use of social data is revolutionizing enterprise strategy and decision making.
Social Data Week 2013 will take place from September 16-20, 2013. Anchor events in San Francisco and New York will feature experts on the use of social data and social technologies, including Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia and author of The Thank You Economy, Robert Scoble, author and tech evangelist, Guy Kawasaki, author of Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions and founding partner of Garage Technology Ventures, Robert Kirkpatrick, Director of United Nations Global Pulse, and Brian Solis, Principal, Altimeter Group, to share both vision and best practices for enterprises and brands. Local events in additional cities around the globe will be announced in the coming weeks.
The next phase of social and business has begun with data from social networks now being used to inform decisions at companies around the globe to improve marketing results, drive product innovation, deliver world-class customer service and improve performance in other key operational areas. The Social Data Week conference is designed to explore the changes happening in social media and their impact to global enterprises and brands.
Additional speakers include:
- Paul Cheesbrough, CTO, News Corp
- Rob Bailey, CEO, DataSift
- Wendy Lea, CEO, GetSatisfaction
- Munish Gupta, Director of Social Media, Dell
- Nova Spivack, CEO, Bottlenose
- Mark Suster, Managing Partner, Upfront Ventures
- Jeff Dachis, Chairman and CEO, The Dachis Group
- Roger Ehrenberg, Managing Partner, IA Ventures
- Susan Etlinger, Industry Analyst, Altimeter Group
- Nick Halstead, Founder and CTO, DataSift
- Nihal Mehta, Founder and CEO, LocalResponse
- Peter Yared, CIO & CTO, CBS Interactive
- Joe Shantz, SVP Digital Analytics, Porter Novelli
Social Data Week will provide an outlet for industry leaders, experts, influencers and brands to examine themes including:
- Turning social data into strategic advantage – using social data to drive better, faster decisions and more effectively engage customers
- Social for social good – harnessing big data and real-time analytics for monitoring global and local socio-economic crises to enable fast response
- Social media masters – learn from top brands
- Women and their impact on the social sphere
- Architecting for massive real time social data – technology, platforms and tools
- The future of social – current trends, what’s next and who’s driving innovation
Social Data Week 2013 will kick off on Monday, September 16 in San Francisco at the Mission Bay Conference Center and conclude on Friday, September 20 in New York City at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
For continuous updates on Social Data Week 2013 and to take advantage of special Early Bird registration rates, visit http://socialdataweek.com/.
About Social Data Week 2013
Social Data Week is a global summit to highlight the revolution happening in social data by bringing together industry leaders, experts, influencers, brands and agencies for thought-provoking discussions and exchange of ideas. For more information, to sponsor the conference or to register your interest in hosting a local event, visit http://socialdataweek.com/. Join the conversation on Twitter @socialdataweek #sdwk13 and Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/socialdataweek.
DataSift Inc. is the leading enterprise social data platform, enabling companies to aggregate, filter and extract insights from the billions of public social conversations on Twitter, leading social networks and millions of other sources. DataSift provides access to both real-time and historical social data to uncover insights and trends that relate to brands, businesses, financial markets, news and public opinion. Key investors include Insight Venture Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Upfront Ventures and IA Ventures. DataSift has offices in San Francisco, New York, Canada, and Reading, U.K. For more information, visit www.datasift.com and follow us on Twitter @datasift.